Williamstown is an unincorporated community in southern Hancock County. It lies at the intersection of Lincoln Highway and U.S. 68. Williamstown was laid out in 1834 by John W. Williams, and named for him. A post office called Eagle was established in 1834, and the name was changed to Williamstown in 1868. After the beginning of the Lincoln Highway, this town was known as Bill-town to the many truckers who refueled (both gas stations and diners abounded here). In the late 50s, this crossroads was so busy that an overpass was created, cutting off the north-south route and starving the service businesses there, creating the ghost town that it is now. The overpass was removed in 2002, but the town still languishes.