Banner
 

Delphos, Ohio

Delphos (pop: 6,900). (On the highway since 1915)

Start digging a canal and before you know it, up pops a town...like Delphos. That's what happened in 1842 at the hand of the Brothers Bredeick, who soon enticed growth through their family fortune. Today the Delphos Canal Commission Museum is a good place to interpret the town’s past. In this town on July 16, 1919 the U.S. military convoy heading across the continent spent the night here, and the townsfolk made it a night remembered until this day, with dinners, dances and socializing. While in Delphos, see the reproduction "Control Station" sign located at the corner of Fifth and Main on the K&M Tire building. These were used to keep travelers on course across the country. A LH concrete post replica is also at this location.

The former Lincoln Highway Dairy on the western edge of town is now the subject of collectible milk bottles.

  • Romanesque style Catholic Church with over 100 arches, life-sized statues and fourteen stained glass windows.
  • The Delphos Chamber of Commerce
  • Delphos Canal Museum, 1902 Sears Buggy Roadster, antique tools and manufacturing equipment along with many other displays depicting the history of business, industry, schools, churches, events, homes and more.111 W. Third Street, (419) 695-7737
  • Delphos Postal Museum. 131 N. Main Street (419) 695-2811
  • Delphos Postal Museum.

  • Lock 24 is a well-preserved stone canal lock on the north part of town.
  • Mary's A & W Root Beer, 924 E. Fifth St. (419) 695-1632
  • Shenk's is a 125 year old bridal fabric store.
  • Delphos has three parks and a tow path.

K&M tire in about 1920. It was the Lincoln Highway Garage.


Milk bottle collection at the former Lincoln Highway Dairy.