Banner
 

Oceola, Ohio

Oceola (On the highway since 1921)
Oceola (pop: 250), was named by settlers as Osceola after the Seminole Indians, and now sports three Lincoln Highway pillars; one one-quarter mile east of town, a newly set replica in the center of town, and one a mile west on the rise of ground there. This crossroads town was also known as a stop-over by Commodore Perry on his way to the War of 1812 at Lake Erie.

  • Foxfire Campground. (one mile west of Oceola; turn south to) 3699 Crawford-Wyandot Road, (740) 482-2190

This pillar, one mile east of Oceola, was dedicated in 1921 to commemorate the completion of brick paving across Crawford County.

This pillar, one mile east of Oceola, was dedicated in 1921 to commemorate the completion of brick paving across Crawford County

 

© 2016 Klingstedt Brothers Web Design