Jefferson (On the Highway since 1913) Pop: 200
The small community of Jefferson has always been on the designated Lincoln Highway, even though the route entered from three different directions as the LH, U.S. 30, and U.S. 250 over time. It lost its post office over 70 years ago.
Rumor has it that the Town and Country Restaurant was a 1920s speakeasy. Patrons were cleared through this door window. When busted, the Sheriff padlocked the door, and that padlock still hangs near the front door today. This property at the corner of Lincoln Highway and Jefferson Road also had cabin rentals for travelers.