Banner
 

Minerva, Ohio

Minerva (On the Highway since 1913) Pop: 3,900

Minerva, founded in 1818 along the Great (Indian) Trail by John Whitacre, was named for his niece, and shares three counties; Stark, Columbiana and Carroll. Minerva holds the nickname "the Lost Gold Town" because of the story that a French convoy hid their gold there in 1755, and remains undiscovered today. This town grew in the 1840s with the development of the Sandy & Beaver Canal and later, the railroads...in fact, the first steel railway car was manufactured here.

  • In the heart of town is the town's first gas station, now housing a coffee shop and clock shop. Across the street, look for a 1928 concrete Lincoln Highway post.

  • 1910s gas station now serves as a coffee shop.

  • There is a Lincoln Highway Memorial located at the Municipal Swimming Pool downtown. Minerva.

  • Don't miss the brick sections near Robertsville, Ohio

  • Classic 57 Restaurant at 317 E. Lincolnway, (330) 868-3684.

  • Dairy Queen is just east of downtown on Lincolnway (330)-868-6104.

  • Grinders and Such, 404 E. Lincoln Way, (330) 868-7824. Mon-Thurs : 10AM-9PM, Fri & Sat : 10AM-10PM, Closed Sunday

  •  Palmantier Motel, an oroginal Lincoln Highway style motel with individual cabins and garages.
  • The Palmantier Motel is a 40s era motel west of town. (330) 868-6000

  • Minerva Chamber of Commerce at 203 N. Market Street; 330-868-7979. For more information, go to: http://www.minervachamber.org/

      Nearby, the area sports two widely used golf courses, the Great Trail and Edgewater Courses.

© 2016 Klingstedt Brothers Web Design