Banner
 

Lisbon, Ohio

Lisbon (On the Highway since 1913) Population: 2,800. Columbiana County seat.

Lisbon was founded in 1803, and is the second oldest town in Ohio. Old Stone House Tavern, oldest continuously occupied stone house in Ohio, which began as a tavern in 1805 is now the local historical Society's museum, and one block from the Lincoln Highway in downtown. The Society there also has a display in a Victorian train station in the Historic District. This town was very active in the underground railroad with an abolitionist newspaper published here. Lisbon is also the home to the invention of the drinking straw, and President McKinley's grandparents.

  • The Gazebo at the town square.

  • Lock 30 Woodlands RV Resort. 45529 Middle Beaver Road, (330) 424-9197.Website
  • Old Stone House Museum. Tuesdays 10:00 - 3:00 or by appointment (330) 424-1861

  • Steel Trolley Diner, one of only 19 authentic steel and neon diners still operating in Ohio. 140 East Lincolnway.

  • Gilford Lake State Park
  • Beaver Creek State Park.

Visit us on the web: lisbonohiochamber.com

Steel Trolley Diner (open) 140 E. Lincoln Way, 330-424-3663


Columbiana County courthouse and gazebo on the square.


Downtown Lisbon circa 1940.

Rare 1916 Travel Guide in Lisbon Library.

Before there were road maps, the Lincoln Highway used to 'describe' the route in a book called the "Lincoln Highway Road Guide." One of the earliest editions (1916) is in the Lisbon Library and is in mint condition.

 

© 2016 Klingstedt Brothers Web Design